Insurance Requirements for Maryland Vehicles
Did you know Maryland is a mandatory vehicle insurance state? What does this mean for you?
In order to register your vehicle in Maryland you must have liability insurance. How do you know if you have the adequate amount of coverage?
1. All Maryland vehicles MUST be insured at ALL times by a vehicle insurance company licensed in Maryland. Your vehicle insurance must cover, at a minimum:
- $30,000 for bodily injury
- $60,000 for 2 or more people
- $15,000 property damage
For a Transportation network company who is an affiliate of a company that provides taxicab services with no fewer than 26 nor more than 300 transportation network operators. Your vehicle insurance must cover, at minimum:
- $50,000 for bodily injury
- $100,000 for 2 or more people
- $25,000 for property damage
2. Return your license plates to any MVA branch office before you cancel your vehicle insurance.