OFN’s mission through 2025 is to lead CDFIs and their partners to ensure that low-income, low-wealth, and other underserved people and communities have access to affordable, responsible financial products and services.
OFN exists to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. This is OFN’s purpose. OFN will pursue this purpose for as long as it takes to achieve. When capital and justice are aligned, all people will have the resources and opportunities to act in the best interests of their communities, themselves, and future generations. This is OFN’s vision.
OFN’s work is bounded by two values that anchor all that we do:
Justice: Every facet of our work should be directed toward and reflect an unwavering commitment to fair and equal access to, opportunity in, and responsibility for social, economic, and political life. For us, justice is a unifying value.
A successful emerging growth business is likely to display many of the
- Sensibly financed (with prudent mix of equity and debt).
- Strong cash position (with access to follow-on or contingency funds).
- Offers above-average profitability (in terms of return on capital
- Aims for rapid growth in revenues (with profits lagging but in prospect).
- Targets expanding, or otherwise attractive, market segments.
- Develops a strong franchise or brand.
- Devotes substantial resources to innovation (R&D, offerings
- Competes on non-price issues (e.g. quality, service, functionality).
- Very close to customers and responsive to their needs.
- Seeks specialist/leadership image with superior offerings.
- Well managed with high-grade staff & good people-management.
Behind every characteristic there should be an explicit strategy designed
to increase the
Setting goals and making resolutions; out with the old, in with the new—some of us get downright busy charting our ambitions for a fresh year. But have you thought about writing your own personal vision and mission statement? We asked Project Manager Coach Susanne Madsen how to create a powerful and sustainable mission and vision statement to take us into the New Year.
Susanne: A vision and mission statement is a paragraph that encapsulates everything you would like to be, do, and have in your career.
It defines what success and excellence look like to you. It expresses your vision for where you want to be in the future and it reflects your values, goals, and purpose and how you want to operate.
Of course—here’s one:
“My vision is to be an honest, empathetic and