Personnel management can be defined as obtaining, using and maintaining a satisfied workforce. It is a significant part of management concerned with employees at work and with their relationship within the organization.
According to Flippo, Personnel management is the planning, organizing, compensation, integration and maintainance of people for the purpose of contributing to organizational, individual and societal goals.
According to Brech, Personnel Management is that part which is primarily concerned with human resource of organization.
Nature of Personnel Management
- Personnel management includes the function of employment, development and compensation- These functions are performed primarily by the personnel management in consultation with other departments.
- Personnel management is an extension to general management. It is concerned with promoting and stimulating competent work force to make their fullest contribution to the concern.
- Personnel management exist to advice and assist the line managers in personnel matters. Therefore, personnel department is a staff department of
Personal vs Personnel
It is very important to clearly understand the difference between personal and personal as they are a pair of words that sound similar, but have different meanings. Those who do not have English as their native language remain confused and cannot make out the difference between personal and personnel. The problem here is compounded with both words pertaining to people or individuals. However, there is a distinct difference between personal and personnel in terms of their usage. Therefore, this article intends to clarify the meanings of both words, personal and personnel, with their correct usage and their correct meanings.
What do Personnel mean?
Personnel are a word that means people who work in an organization. According to the Oxford English dictionary, the definition for the word personnel is as follows. Personnel are “people employed in an organization or engaged in an
Party Personnel Inc. was founded in 1993 with one simple but clear business goal – to provide quality wait staff for clients entertaining a large number of guests for special events and parties.
Today Party Personnel specializes in providing skilled, uniformed, and reliable banquet servers and bartenders to hotels, country clubs,upscale caterers, businesses and private homes. The company has developed an excellent reputation for trust, honesty and dependability with their clients.
Party Personnel founder Mary Schanzer has been well recognized in Kansas City’s entrepreneurial community.
- Hotel Supplier of the Year 2004 from the Hotel & Lodging Association
- One of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work 2002
- Certificate of Merit from the State of Kansas for a Kansan Woman-Owned Service Firm in 2002
- Women Who Mean Business Award from the Kansas City Business Journal 2001
- Member of the Kansas City ATHENA PowerLink Governing Body
- Mentor on an ATHENA PowerLink Advisory Panel
[ pur-suh–nel ]
/ ˌpɜr səˈnɛl /
a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
(used with a plural verb) persons: All personnel are being given the day off.
How Hip Is Your Lingo? Take Our Slang Quiz!
If you aren’t already skilled in slang, then this quiz can get you up to speed in no time!
Question 1 of 11
OK Boomer can be perceived as pejorative, but it is mostly considered to be _____
Origin of personnel
usage note for personnel
2. Some usage guides object to the use of personnel as a plural. However, this use is well established and standard in all varieties of
To save this word, you’ll need to log in.
2 : a division of an organization concerned with personnel