Monthly cost varies due to multiple factors including: your pet’s breed, age at enrollment and gender and the chosen deductible and the cost of veterinary care in your area.
Monthly premiums do not automatically increase just because your pet has a birthday or just because you file a claim. Premium changes over time are due to changes in the average cost of care for pets similar to yours based on claims made and inflation.
90% of eligible expenses are covered with all Trupanion policies (after deductible).
All plans cover:
- Hereditary conditions (i.e. hip dysplasia, diabetes, etc.)
- Congenital conditions (i.e. heart disease, cataracts, liver disease, etc.)
- Unidentified conditions (i.e. vomiting/diarrhea, cough, change in weight, etc.)
Additional riders offer coverage for:
- Recovery and Complementary Care (acupuncture, chiropractic, physical therapy, etc.)
- Pet Owner Assistance (boarding costs if