A successful emerging growth business is likely to display many of the
- Sensibly financed (with prudent mix of equity and debt).
- Strong cash position (with access to follow-on or contingency funds).
- Offers above-average profitability (in terms of return on capital
- Aims for rapid growth in revenues (with profits lagging but in prospect).
- Targets expanding, or otherwise attractive, market segments.
- Develops a strong franchise or brand.
- Devotes substantial resources to innovation (R&D, offerings
- Competes on non-price issues (e.g. quality, service, functionality).
- Very close to customers and responsive to their needs.
- Seeks specialist/leadership image with superior offerings.
- Well managed with high-grade staff & good people-management.
Behind every characteristic there should be an explicit strategy designed
to increase the
Counting money involves complex number sense skills as students are usually taught to organize coins, counting from the highest value to the lowest value.   This method involves counting by 25s, then switching to counting by 10s, then counting by 5s and finally counting by 1s.   Think about this the next time students have problems counting money and plan to give them regular practice in these counting skills by using some of the strategies listed below that build on student number sense strengths to count coins and make change.
See Math-Literature Connections: Money for suggested books, activities and internet links.
Coin antennas:   Students draw antennas on coin pictures to represent the value.   Each antenna is worth 5 cents.   This means a dime has two antennas, a nickel has one antenna, a penny has no antennas, etc.
Are you in need of a personal development breakthrough? Do you find some area in your life – your efforts toward building a healthy relationship, being a more involved parent or how you’re handling stress – lacking? You’re not alone. More than 40 million people from 100 countries have used Tony Robbins’ 3-part system for creating an extraordinary life, allowing them to achieve their ultimate goals and experience the true fulfillment they desire.
Before focusing on creating a personal development breakthrough, you must first answer the question “What is personal development?” Personal development can cover any activity that improves your awareness or identity, enhances your quality of life or develops your talents and skills. Personal development plans can be used to become a better leader or business owner as well as improve relationships, enhance health and accelerate learning. At the heart