A successful emerging growth business is likely to display many of the
- Sensibly financed (with prudent mix of equity and debt).
- Strong cash position (with access to follow-on or contingency funds).
- Offers above-average profitability (in terms of return on capital
- Aims for rapid growth in revenues (with profits lagging but in prospect).
- Targets expanding, or otherwise attractive, market segments.
- Develops a strong franchise or brand.
- Devotes substantial resources to innovation (R&D, offerings
- Competes on non-price issues (e.g. quality, service, functionality).
- Very close to customers and responsive to their needs.
- Seeks specialist/leadership image with superior offerings.
- Well managed with high-grade staff & good people-management.
Behind every characteristic there should be an explicit strategy designed
to increase the