For the business community, sustainability is more than mere window-dressing. By adopting sustainable practices, companies can gain competitive edge, increase their market share, and boost shareholder value.
What’s more, the growing demand for ‘green’ products has created major new markets in which sharp-eyed eco-entrepreneurs are reaping rewards.
This site explains the strategies and tools that companies can use to translate an aspiration for sustainability into practical, effective solutions. Case studies from around the world are provided.
The site’s six sections cover:
- Key issues: briefings on specific sustainable development topics from a business perspective
- Strategies and tools: how to incorporate the principle of sustainability into everyday business activities, illustrated by real-life examples
- Markets: business opportunities arising from sustainable development
- Banking and investment: spotlight on how sustainable development is being approached by the financial services industry
- Working with NGOs: how businesses are forging working partnerships with lobby groups
- Training opportunities: how universities and professional training providers can help industry leaders incorporate sustainability into their business strategies