Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- Personal Finance Competition at UD – Local Delaware high school students presented their personal finance recommendations to the imaginary “Hernandez family” on Feb. 7 at this year’s Delaware Personal Finance Case Study Competition.
- Artificial Intelligence in the Changing Business Landscape – The 2020 Lerner MBA Students Association Conference will bring together distinguished voices to discuss the intersection of business and technology on Friday, Feb. 28.
- Lerner’s Top 10 Stories of 2019 – From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular blog posts from 2018 at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- Lerner College Program Ranked by Poets&Quants – UD’s Lerner College Undergraduate Program has risen 10 spots to be ranked #51 in the nation this year.
- What Can You Do With a Financial Planning & Wealth Management Degree? – With more and more employees becoming responsible for managing their own money before and after retirement, there is a growing population in need of financial planners to help them make important financial decisions. The University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics equips students with financial planning skills, a skill that is currently […]